Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thanks Holzy!

Once upon a time there was an impressionable wrestling fan-who thought he could book matches. Come to find out that I don't know jack shit about booking. My "early" style was a hybrid of Russo with a side order of the drizzling s***s! . A few years ago Tom Holzerman called me on it, and I of course called him every name in the book. That world famous Kayafaber temper struck again. I thought I lost a friend.

I did deserve some of the blame. Back in 2001 I was given booking duties at a1e.ca. Yes that same indy fed all the kids flock to today. If you read the first 2 shows that's all me-and boy does some of that stuff STINK. Don't ever ask me to script out a match-EVER! You want a "finish" ok, you want a germ of an idea. Great. If somebody comes to me today and tells me. "I wrote myself into a corner-I need a finish!" I am confident enough that I can come up with that.

Ok enough online booking stuff. Let's get back to WHY we are all here. WRESTLING! 

I guess I am getting old. I want my pro wrestling to get back to the basics. 2 guys fighting over a championship, and having great matches. See young talent bust their ass instead of phoning it in. I don't watch Raw and I have given up on TNA. The big boys have lost the plot.

I came across Holzy's blog over at a1wrestling.com. So I started my own.  Hell I even came up with some booking stuff again.Just as an outlet. If I get an idea I'll post it. Do most of my ideas suck. Of course they do. 

Originally I started writing booking scenarios on FACEBOOK and for some reason I tagged Holzy. I respect his opinion. Those "ADD Booking" segments have migrated onto this blog. Along with everything else I like about the indies.  

Today I logged onto my FB and I see that Holzy via THE WRESTLING BLOG! gave me a mention. I don't think my blog is gonna set the world on fire, but for someone who has been at this a lot longer than I have-its a great compliment.


Thanks Holzy I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors