Thursday, January 13, 2011

My ECW Experience-Hartford, CT 1999

Inspired by THIS!

Hartford 1999. Whilst watching Monday Night Raw and Nitro (flipping). An ad came up for a house show by everyone's favorite promotion ECW. They were coming to "invade" the armory and the city, I spoke to my friend Lou and we were going. We managed to score FRONT ROW seats, and I could not wait to go. To this very day, no show has come CLOSE to matching the atmosphere/craziness of that night. The main event was Spike Dudley vs RVD. I remember my friends getting into a shouting match with Danny Dorring making fun of his purple tights, to which he shouted "ITS MAROON @$$H***!" Sal E. Grazzianno threatening my friends and then running into them at the bath room during a piss break. Talking to Tommy Dreamer (and coming off like a total mark, but he was gracious enough to sign my stub) Francine and Dawn Marie getting into a catfight, Balls Mahoney getting powerbombed through a table covered with, what else THUMBTACKS!  The Dudleys inciting a near riot by saying something to the effect of "....there are more sp**s here than at the local INS!", having a conversation with Bill Alfonso, and watching some idiot throw a CRUTCH in the ring for Sabu, and getting thrown out by Atlas security! Justin Credible acting like a complete heel, and asking for his t shirt back. Oh yeah the ECW film crew was there too. The intensity of that night is something I will never forget. No tape can do it justice either. ECW was about a "vibe"that NO ONE has been able to duplicate ever since. Sure the speaker system was shit, the ring was crap, but the crew gave it their ALL. I was hoarse for days. It was the best $30.00 I ever spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors