Friday, June 3, 2011

This is pro wrestling-ENJOY IT!

This is pro wrestling...stop trying to figure everything out...sit back and relax and watch this unfold: Rob Feinstein 
The above is regarding a war of words b/ween Ricky Morton of the R&R Express and AWE founder Marvin Ward. I'm not gonna recap the situation, because if I tried I would probably get it wrong. Go to Rob's page to see for yourselves. All the videos are there, and its in chronological order.
What gets me is that some of the replies of "oh its a work", or "sounds like a Memphis promo". I am paraphrasing here.  First off so what if it is, this has gotten my attention. One guy has a beef with someone, they take to firing cheap shots, they go way out of line, then they set up a confrontation. Hopefully enough people know about it, and they have a good event. People come out to see it, everyone benefits.
I have given up on trying to figure out people's motives, you want wrestling as sport, there are PLENTY of promotions out there that offer that. You want to be entertained, there are plenty that offer that too.  You want a shoot-well if you think you're gonna get one, you're fooling yourself. The promoters (good one's) know their audience, and they know how to get them to react. I am not interested in 23rd hand rumors, that are taken as gospel and reported as fact. I just want to see what I paid to see. Exposing the business of wrestling, may have given it more of a reality based edge, but if we don't allow ourselves to "suspend belief" what's the point?
 

2 comments:

  1. I have met Rob Feinstein. He has an interest in things I do. Seems like a passionate dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate Rob's perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors