Monday, April 2, 2012
Diva's Match Didn't Need "Extra" Hype
*Excerpts from DieHard Pro Wrestling Blog*
Kelly Kelly and host of television's Hollywood gossip show Extra, Maria Menounos defeated Divas champion Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres.
"Not much to talk about here. It's the token boobs and booty match of any WWE event."
'I'm glad that the WWE didn't go over the top like they usually do when promoting a celebrity wrestling appearance at Mania.... nothing more than a slap to the face of the talent that works 340 days a year, and I can easily understand John Morrison's position last year..."
"I don't know how many additional PPV buys and newly converted fans the WWE gained last year by having Snooki on the show - but I sure as shit know that they didn't gain anything from having Menounos appear."
"Overall, the match was treated right and offered the divas a deserved spot on the card...the match proved that the girls can in fact wrestle and don't have to be resorted to yearly gimmick matches such as Playboy Pillow Fights and Lumberjack matches."
This post is sponsored in part by Woodmere Real Estate & Glen Cove Real Estate
Posted by DieHard Derek at 11:25 PM
- Devon Nicholson Challenges Kurt Angle: Real Challe...
- Dean Ambrose is The Next Big Deal In Pro Wrestling...
- How To Book Ted DiBiase Jr
- REPOST: GLOW Revival “Dead On Arrival” Due To Shad...
- Passing A Torch With No Flame?
- Put The IC Title Back On Cody Rhodes
- DGUSA/EVOLVE offers more bang for your iPPV dollar...
- Do I Really Need To Discuss That Pitiful Episode o...
- Blast From The Past - Ultimate Warrior vs. Tully B...
- Booker's Reality Wrestling Has Lack of Perception
- Cena vs Rock - The Wait Is OVER.
- It Really Was An End of An Era
- Did Punk and Jericho Steal The Show?
- Tag Match Ends With Zack's Sack
- Big Show Gets Big Moment, But Put Focus Back on Rh...
- Diva's Match Didn't Need "Extra" Hype
- The Monster's Fire Keeps Burning
- Smackdown Title Loses All Value in 18 Seconds
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2011 (86)