Sunday, May 15, 2011

Interview with Dimitrios "Greek God" Papadon

Who-DIMITRIOS PAPADON
From-Corinthos, Greece
Finisher-Shining Wizard

Dimitrios Papadon wrestles for New York Wrestling Connection and he took a few minutes of his time to talk to a lowly blogger like me

1. How long have you been a pro wrestling fan?-All my life I have been a fan and still am.

2. When did you get your start?-After I graduated college I went to the LIWF in NY aka The Doghouse where I was trained by Homicide. I had my first match one month after I started training and within 6 months Homicide and was fueding in the min events. We had a great feud & a historical ladder match. I later continued my training after the Doghouse closed at the NYWC Academy where Mikey Whipwreck took me under his wing. I currently still train at NYWC every week.

2a. Give us an example of "paying dues" during training or out on the road. -Paying your dues means learning your trade by showing respect to those who paved the way before you. An example is doing what you are told by the bookers and veterans, keeping your mouth shut & ears open, & always having respect for your opponent, the match, & the company you are working for.

3. Who were some of your influences in developing your style?- Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn, Curt Hennig, William Regal, Ric Flair, and so many others. I take a little bit from everyone and from everywhere.

4. Do you think the term "wrestling" is a dirty word?-Wrestling is NOT a dirty word at all. A rose by any other name still smells the same. But there is a difference b/ween  Pro-Wrestling & Sports Entertainment.

4a. Are titles "props" or should they mean something?- Belts do have meaning. Even though wrestling is a hybrid of sports and entertainment. The belts definitely have meaning. The promoter who awards you his championship to a specific wrestler means that he or she believes in that wrestler in carrying their company and represent it to the world. To win a championship is an honor.

5. Where will you be wrestling next?-I will be wrestling next for NWA Doghouse/, DXW ON 5/20, & for NYWC on 5/21

6. Tell us a little about NYWC:
The NYWC Academy is the best place to learn how to wrestle and I recommend anyone who is interested in wanting to be a wrestler or wants to better his or her craft to go to the NYWC Academy. Such wrestlers as Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Trent Baretta, Matt Striker, Mike Mondo(aka Mikey from the spirit squad)came from the school. Also Darren Young is a NYWC alumnist. So go www.nywcwrestling.com for details on training and shows.

My thanks go to GGP for taking time out to do this
FACEBOOK PAGE 

2 comments:

  1. Actually I am from Corinthos Greece, sorry to disappoint. There was a typo on the website you got the info from. Also check out ECWA in Delaware for great family friendly wrestling @ www.ecwaprowrestling.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors