Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This Is Your Career On Virgil


I get asked a lot of the same questions from wrestling fans. Some of the most popular are: What is this wrestler like?; What ever happened to this wrestler?; How much do these guys really make?; Did you have sex with Tammy Sytch? ... Well, let's just stick to the where are they nows and how much do they make.

About a year ago, I wrote a short post entitled Mike "Virgil" Jones - The $3,500 Slave which talked about my run-in with former WWE star best known as the lackey bodyguard of the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase in the 80's. I was absolutely amazed at what a douchebag to everyone and the exuberant amount of money he was trying to hustle from promoters for an appearance fee.

The other day, a fan sends me an email with a photo attachment. The fan had read my post and was following up on one of the most expensive non-drawing jabrones in the business. Apparently, I was wrong. And now there is picture proof!

I didn't know that self proclaimed $3,500 valued talent was taking gigs signing autographs in parking lot flea markets. This is obviously a pit stop before the Hall of Fame. Look at the turn out in this place. Fans are trampling each other just to get close to him. The money is literally jumping out of their pockets and into his hands. The line was so long, fans had to be turned away. The world heard the sound of thousands of children crying because they couldn't get their life's fulfillment of being next to the what some may consider the second coming of Christ.

I understand that some fans flew half way across the world from Japan, Australia, Iceland, and Newark, NJ. The Pope doesn't even get turn outs like this. This is that moment fans have always dreamed of and will tell this tale to their grandchildren where it will become legend. I'll my grand children he was a legend...a legendary failure!

I've seen some pretty desperate things in this business and this is definitely in the top five. Do you think the promoter of the flea market had to pay $3,500 for his top draw? because if you were to ask me, I think Virgil actually paid the promoter $35 for the table. I'm not here to take a big wet shit all over Virgil...ok, yes I am - because he's a total douche -, but how sad is it that this guy is sitting in a parking lot telling people he sold out Madison Square Garden. Then again, there may be some truth to it. Maybe he didn't sell out every seat in the arena at The Garden - but there is a good chance he sold out of his promo pictures in the MSG parking lot!

On a serious note, it's sad to see the grim reality of what life after wrestling can be like. So for any aspiring wrestler out there, I won't be the one to tell you that your dreams will never come true. But I will tell you there is a chance you can become the next Virgil. Hopefully this scares the shit out of you enough to have a good back up plan. And to Mike Jones... HA HA HAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA!!!

***********************************************

This post is provided in part by Woodmere Homes for Sale & Glen Cove Homes For Sale

1 comment:

  1. He's been doing this for a long time now. I remember going to a convention in 2003 and I met him. He didn't seem like he could speak English well.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors