Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Working with WWE Star R-Truth



You meet some pretty interesting people in the pro wrestling business. You realize that outside of the characters they portray on television, they actually are human beings. Like you and I, they are people with hopes, dreams, problems, stress, and doubt. The know that at any given moment, they may no longer be the flavor of the month or that their spot on the roster might be compromised when a new star is on the rise. When people ask me what it's like to work with wrestlers, I simply tell them that sometimes it's the equivalent of babysitting an adult.

You may have followed some of my previous posts where I've discussed some backstage stories that I encountered during my time in the business. Some stories are better than others, and some offer more gossip to a rumor you may have heard. But one thing is for sure... it's not often where you can talk about who a person really is. Sometime you can just get a picture in your head of what that person may be like to deal with based off a story. But who knows, maybe it was just a bad day for them and you can't judge their character based off of once incident. I've told stories about CM Punk, April Hunter, Jeff Jarrett and many others. Most recently I shared my experience in working with WWE superstar R-Truth.

In the post, you'll read about a man who was unsure of his career in pro wrestling. You sense his insecurities and the obstacles he overcame to get where he is today. You may see him on WWE TV as a co-holder of the tag team titles, or as the wildly popular comic relief with his invisible sidekick, Little Jimmy. But there was a time when R-Truth didn't know how much longer he was going to be a pro wrestler. There was a time where his heart and passion were somewhere else. And there was a time where an unknown booker for a small northeast indy organization got to know a man who had all the talent but didn't think anybody was interested in it anymore.

Click R-Truth's name in the above paragraph to read the story. I'd like to hear your comments and feedback. Share with me YOUR stories of wrestlers you've encountered at a low point, or some who you have met that didn't live up to your expectations. This is just another one of my stories...and there are plenty more to come.

*********************************************************************
This post is provided in part by Woodmere Real Estate & Glen Cove Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors