Friday, July 30, 2010

Raven turns on Dreamer-Here We Go Again!.

Last night I watched TNA execute their version of "ECW". I kept telling my self "give it a chance". I couldn't even let my self suspend belief. Since when did the ECW guys need ANYONE'S seal of approval? Why was Hulk Hogan in the ring with the ECW crew? If this was the original ECW they would of mauled Hogan. So we get to the main event of Tommy Dreamer vs Abyss. The plunder came out, and wouldn't you know it, IT DIDN'T EVEN LOOK REAL. The shots didn't even look forced. When I watched the original ECW everything looked and felt real. When I first saw someone go through a table, I rewound that tape over and over because I couldn't believe what I was seeing/

When Raven's music hit and Mike Tenay stupidly referred to Raven as "Tommy Dreamer's former rival", he gave away the finish to the match. With one chair shot I was sucked in. Raven did it again, he showed the difference b/ween a "hack" and someone who knows what the hell to do to grab that audience and make them wanna tune in next week.

Would it have been just as effective to have Raven save Dreamer and THEN turn on him? I think so, but I am not the booker here folks.

The visual of Raven licking Dreamer's face is gonna be scarred in my mind forever. This is the feud that endeared ECW to me. The original ECW. Not the hackneyed version that we got with WWE and now with TNA. TNA does not get what "hardcore" is. Hardcore is not about plunder, hardcore is about getting in that ring and giving 110%. The cage match b/ween the MCMG's and Beer Money Inc. THAT was hardcore.

Wanna see some real wrestling? Wanna see guys get in there and leave it all in the ring. Go get the first 3 EVOLVE shows at evolvewrestling.com. Better yet watch Bryan Danielson's epic match against Bobby Fish @ EVOLVE 4. "In an industry where everyone wants to be real, where everyone wants to do a "shoot" This my friends is a shoot!" The mad scientist of pro wrestling Paul Heyman said those words almost 10 years ago.

I leave you with this video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors