Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tweet This!



Before Monday Night RAW, did anyone know who Perez Hilton was? Now that RAW is over, does anyone care who Perez Hilton is? I happen to know who he is because outside of wrestling, my obsession is movies. I am an absolute film junkie and I follow the Hollywood trades more than I do the wrestling dirt sheets. So when I heard Perez Hilton would be making an appearance, I already knew Vince McMahon was trying to capitalize on his enormous erection for Twitter and working his way to tapping into Perez Hilton’s 4 million plus followers. Nice strategy – but what did it do creatively?

Thank God he was only used as a ring announcer and had a short bit with the divas, because this dude is not cut out to be in front of the camera. He looks like Ron Perlman’s Mini Me who should be competing in the Special Olympics!
Ironically, I entitled this section of the RAW review “Social Media Whoring” and didn’t realize that I’d be talking about the divas as well. What can I say? If the WWE doesn’t offer their female division more quality air time, then they might as well be whoring them out to social media outlets and the sticky pages of Playboy. Word around the camp fire is that The Bella Twins are on a special “priority list” in the office and that’s why they’ve been getting so much air time. I actually don’t mind that because I get the tingles in a strange place whenever they come on TV – but in all seriousness, creative can do a better job booking them.

In the finale of the divas match, The Bella Twins used the “twin switcharoo” gimmick to try and trick the referee. My thoughts? BRILLIANT! How long have I been saying that they should have been doing this all along? Now they pose a legitimate threat because they look so much a like, you don’t know which one you’re dealing with. Wouldn’t it make sense for them to carry and share the Diva’s championship? Then when one gets into trouble, they pull the ol’ switcharoo and outsmart their opponents to keep the title! The old school tag team The Killer Bees would do this all the time. They’d go under the ring, put on masks and do the switch. This could be the 2012 version of The Killer Bees without a mask….Wait a minute! Killer BEES… B’s for Bellas! Killer Bees!!! GET IT??? I’m a fuckin’ genius!!! Go ahead and steal that one creative!

This post is sponsored in part by Garden City Homes For Sale & Glen Cove Real Estate

1 comment:

  1. Dude should of come out in a dress-and gotten his @$$ beat by the Bella Twins. Probably more entertaining

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors